#52   ^
Old Mon, Aug-31-20, 20:06

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
I can't remember how long ago the change occurred after switching to LC, but now I can detect even a tiny bit of sweetness in food, so I'm assuming it was a gradual readjustment of my sense of taste. Now, strawberries are plenty sweet, blueberries and cherries are VERY sweet, cantaloupe and watermelon are so excessively sweet that I can't eat more than a bite of them. Forget food that's had sugar added to it - that's sickeningly sweet.
Last week was my DiL's birthday and we got takeout from The Longhorn Steakhouse. I got the 6-oz sirloin steak with my two sides as a garden salad with blue cheese dressing, and the roasted brussels sprouts. They sounded like decent LC choices, except the brussels sprouts were so SWEET. They tasted like vegetable candy. My 10-year-old grandson had gotten the brussels sprouts too and shoved them aside, saying "these are too sweet. I can't eat them."

Well today I finally looked up their nutrition data online, and it said the brussels sprouts have 27g of carbs, which includes 17g of sugar. Yikes, no wonder they tasted sweet, Why ruin perfectly good veggies like that?

It's like Dunkin Donuts which now offers bacon as a side you can order, which sounds great too, until you find out they coat the bacon strips in brown sugar.