#46   ^
Old Mon, Aug-31-20, 05:23

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
I don't mean to make this sound like the Spanish Inquisition - just trying to figure out the logic behind why some items are on the yes list, and others on the no list, and why other types of food aren't even mentioned.

The diet is designed to be low carb and avoid arachidonic acid. It works great for Bob, so we can assume he is sensitive to that.

I can look at it and know it would not work for me, but then, I'm not sensitive to arachidonic acid. I've got a lectin/nightshade problem when it comes to my joints.

Also, the more sensitive we are, the less of the substance it might take for us to feel it. I used to eat lots of cashews, a legume with lectins, with no apparent problems. Now that I've gotten my body into a healthy state, ONE is enough to make me feel sick. Yet, I can consume coffee and dairy with no apparent bad effects. The lectin load must be smaller, or I have the enzymes to digest them and make them less toxic.

But the only way I know to see if certain foods are trying to kill you are to drop them from your diet and see wait happens. And we need to wait weeks before trying them again. This seems to let the body reset and lose the tolerance that was not causing obvious symptoms, but also damaging us.

My plan, which I did in January of last year, was a 3 day fast followed by beef only for 3 weeks. I felt better right away! And adding foods one at a time and see how I did was a real game-changer.

I never would have figured it all out if I hadn't "gone to extremes." But then, I'm living proof that sometimes you have to.
Sponsored Links