View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-14, 03:15

Plan: LCHF, no breakfast.
Stats: 256/178/140 Female 5ft 3"
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Half way through pregnancy and finally back on track.

So much for the best laid plans... Was eating well (paleo but with dairy) for the first 7 weeks or so, then the morning sickness kicked in and I've been eating the worst diet for about two and a half months, sorted itself out around Christmas, but then we were away, so have been able to eat properly for the last week and a bit. I'd planned to have no refined carbs right through, but All meat and cooking was vomit inducing... The smell of the fridge, or raw vegetables or fruit had me retching. So I lived off toast and crumpets with jam and syrup, cake and ice cream and I was so hungry for that time, having a small meal left me gagging an hour later. some days a pot noodle was the most nutritious thing I ate. If someone tried to ask me about food I'd start retching, and going to the store for the shopping had the staff asking me if I was ok. It's crazy!

I'm now about 17 or 18 weeks and will have only the good fresh foods for the rest of the pregnancy. I feel a bit disappointed, but not guilty-I couldn't be in the same room as a chicken salad, steak or vegetable soup so not much to be done about it!

After two days of paleo diet, I measured for urine ketones in the evening and was positive, in the past it takes more like twice that long, and paleo has me coming in and out of ketosis a bit. I guess metabolism is a bit higher due to the pregnancy?
Sponsored Links