View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-12, 07:53
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Folic acid is available in leafy greens. The only reason it is in wheat is because they spray it on after processing it. Besides, the phytic acid and lectins in wheat keep you from absorbing much of the nutrition that is in wheat. I'd also take a supplement. You can't really get too much folic acid or B-vitamins, so go ahead and supplement away.

I'd also get my vitamin D3 levels checked and supplement that at 5000 iu a day, depending on what they're at. I think D3 deficiency might be one of the worst things that can happen to a developing child and people have such low levels these days.

Get the book "Wheat Belly" and that should help answer the question whether or not your daughter should eat wheat during her pregnancy.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/...lic-acid-foods/

We've had some paleo folks eat nothing but meat, veg and fruit during their pregnancies and they had perfect children.

Just think about it... if humans couldn't survive without grains and other high carb products, how did we survive until we invented agriculture? How did Eskimos and those living in the arctic circle manage to have babies?

Yes, low carb is healthy even during pregnancy, but if you do add carbs, add them in the form of higher carb veggies and fruit, not grains.