Old Thu, Apr-06-17, 07:37
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaCarolSue
Bluesinger, I am right behind you, 72 coming up in January. I have the achy hands right now, but it goes away occasionally and I don't know what is making the difference. I don't take anything for it, but I do rub some Aspercreme on my fingers when it's really bad.

I am full blown type 2 and my A1c is much higher than yours. I'm working on it, but I'm not as diligent as I know I should be.
In 2015 my hands were so bad that I bought arthritis gloves and two different kinds of mitts, the kind you warm up in the microwave for relief. Now I don't need them.

I take anti inflammatory supplements, but that, too, is individual. It's so hard to tell what works and doesn't because natural remedies move slower in efficacy. I take turmeric capsules and garlic, as well as fish oils. Who knows what works and what doesn't because I've left so many foods out of my diet as well. Maybe it was the cow's milk dairy that was causing my finger joints to burn, or the nuts. Maybe just losing more weight worked. All we can do is experiment on ourselves.

As for your T2D, have you considered Dr. Fung's protocol? IF helped me in so many ways. All I know for certain is that my conditions would have only gotten worse if I hadn't just kept on trying.

One. Damned. Minute. At. A. Time.