View Single Post
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Aug-21-07, 19:04
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

I'm missing out on all the fun here - I'd like to know what 'pointy-toe' shoes entail.

Like what? You're not talking actual heels are you? I'm a 'loafer' girl, through and through. Think Bass Weejuns...chunky turtlenecks and corduroy pants. Oh, I know...so very 'preppy' and probably way out of date.

Sometimes I think I take 'classic' a little too far.

Last time I wore something other than navy blue, grey or black was on Memorial Day weekend. We were having a big BBQ thing - and we ended up with 17 people coming for dinner. Feeling rather daring, I put on a pair of white jeans, topped it off with a bright turquoise slinky halter top and white strappy sandals that had actual heels on them.

I felt like....

Like a neon sign.

I got a lot of compliments....and way too much attention for my liking.

So, I've retreated. Again.

Back to the basics, where I feel a bit more comfortable.

Unfortunately - I am having a tough time figuring out my size. I shop...I try on things, and most stuff is too big. And then I go back for yet another smaller size, and that's too big too. Eventually, I give up and walk out without buying anything.

A few weeks ago, I did buy a few things - just cheap t-shirt type tops. I come home, and I'm thinking that the stuff I've bought might be too small. So I try on the few things - only to have my husband say, "That's way too big".

Agghhh..

There's a real adjustment going on here.

And in the meantime - I don't know where to shop or what to buy.

Like I said, I'll be spending the next few months in my bathrobe.

Then, when I get to goal - I'm hoping that I'll somehow find the courage to try some colour, some pointy-toe shoes or whatever it is that makes one seem 'current'.

And I'll keep reading this great thread for ideas.