#27   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-18, 10:22

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
I have looked at that site a couple times, and when I apply my limited knowledge much of this information is off base. Realize , for other readers, that I studied animal science, which is primarily the feeding of livestock, and have raised sheep and horses for some 30 years.

I cant see how 6 cups of vegies a day causes a problem. I suspect if there is a problem, it is caused by lack of the right microbes to break down the fibers. ALso I tend to have more issues (constipation) with an all meat diet than a mixed diet. Otherwise, as I remember, too much ground flax, or too much bran, would cause constipation too. My takeaway is that a small amount of grd flax or bran seems to be ok, and lots of fiber both soluble and insoluble contained within whole foods is the way to go.

And as with livestock, small changes to the diet over a 2 week transition would be prudent. Just like with livestock.

Ariel, it's not the vegetable but the fiber. We are not ruminants, we don't have that type of digestive system. I don't eat an all meat diet, just low fiber diet and there is no huge change in diet, I just do a better job of picking and choosing certain veggies verses others and as the book says, a lot of the fiber is in high carb foods (whole grain).

Remember a couple of days ago when you wrote about the carbs you had eaten. The fiber alone can make you gain 3-4 lbs overnight because the fiber absorbs and holds so much water. My bloated stomach went down now and overnight I lost 3-4 lbs overnight. the best part for me, it's not playing havoc with my Colon because I can't risk Colon Cancer.

His book is a real eye opener for me. It is much more than the web-site. On Amazon, the reviews by people who said this diet has saved their lives is very interesting to read.

~also enzymes are not breaking down the fiber, we don't digest it at all, it passes right through and in fact before that happens it sits in the Colon and ferments the bad bacteria that can cause Cancer.

Reading back IDK what raising livestock has to do with the human digestive system. I have raised cattle and horses for 50 years and I would be dead in a couple of weeks if I ate what they do.