Thread: Keto and Cancer
View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Sep-29-18, 20:04

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Meme, IMHO, we are supposted to be eating the vegies, and getting the fiber that goes with the food.

The soluable fibers that feed the bacteria and other GI microbes makes total sense. The non-soluable parts like bran and hulls--- make for a good lc bread like substitute. But I am no longer convinced that this is the fiber that is necessary. Maybe some, but not at 30 g a day. Eating bran for brans sake misses the mark IMO. Getting the insoluable that is along for the ride is ok-- in jicama, rind of kiwi, stems of the spinach, that sort of thing.

The benefits of the peeling tomatos and removal of seeds....Im too lazy for that. But I do peel my eggplants-- it is TOUGH. Cant see a way to remove the seeds though. ANd tomatillos..... remove husk, wash and chop, seeds and all.

Nothing that is peeled is wasted here. CHIckens, and compost are priceless

I dont look to the experts much anymore on this. I look at what the wild animals eat. Birds eat the seeds. MOnkeys dont eat seeds, they will eat fruit, but seem to toss the peel and the seeds. Horses eat grasses, humans feed them grain. You get the idea....