View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 16:55

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%
Question Bread

Buying bread today for the troops and now that I am always checking for ingredients and nutrition information, I happened to find:

Omega Bread by Healthy Times

It is made of organic whole sprouted wheat, filtered water, wheat gluten, organic flax seed, raisin extract, malt syrup, sea salt and yeast.

1 slice = 38g

And the carb count per slice is as follows:

Carbs = 10.3g (sugars = 0.8; starches - 5.0; dietary fibre = 4.5)

So that means the effective carbohydrate count is 5.8g. Right?

Haven't tried it yet so don't know what it tastes like but my question is? How many low carbers out there absolutely swear off bread in any way shape or form and how many eat a low carb bread (the real stuff not made of pork rinds or cheese or anything like that. LOL.) every once in a while?

I would like to know someone like Andy, Karen, Debbie or Nat's opinion as to the value of eating a slice of bread of such a low carb count with cheese, in comparison to say some of the people who I read were pigging out on mock danishes--sometimes two or three at a time?????? Three mock danishes at one sitting would be a carb count of 12g wouldn't it?

Or would you guys also be looking at fat and calorie content as well????

I would like to get to a point where I can maintain my goal weight (when I get there) by having some of my carbohydrates include bread, brown rice (both in small quantities) and a wider variety of fruit.

Should also make mention that I am very concious of the difference between simple and complex carbs--particulary when it comes to all those low carb substitutes that so many "dieters" gravitate to (the stuff Karen refers to as the dieters methadone )

Or are all of you absolutely off any kind of grains?

Just interested.
Sponsored Links