Old Mon, Dec-02-19, 09:28

Plan: Low Carb/High Fat
Stats: 271/262.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
May be interested in the new upcoming book:

The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet: Rev Your Metabolism and Improve Your Health with the Latest Science of Weight Loss

Hardcover – to be published December 31, 2019
by Arthur Agatston M.D.

Oh wow, I didn't know about this book! I am going to be interested in reading it. However, since the SBD has now been taken over by Palm and what is the other one--Nutrisystems or something?--I am hesitant to believe what will be in the book... I'm sure there won't be anything in there that we don't already know when it comes to keto. What are they going to say to make SBD keto? No more milk now? No beer/wine? (Fine with me, I don't drink). No more fruit or grain? What else could they do to make it more keto, right?

Maeve, hope your cholesterol numbers will improve soon. I've been reading that the statin drugs are helpful to men, but not so much to us women. I remember 7 years ago when I did the SBD and then transitioned into LC/HF, my numbers--all of them--improved a lot. I was taken off of the statin and bp meds I was on. I don't remember what the numbers were now, but I had them written down, somewhere. I just remember it was good for me. I hope yours will be too. Good luck!