View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-17, 09:13

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%
Default I'm doing Niacin Therapy

Putting this here in the War Zone because I realize talking about megadoses of vitamins sounds like WOOOOO to many people.

But I am living proof there is something to it. I first started using niacin to help with my sleep: which it did, wonderfully. I went off: felt bad again, went back on. This inspired me to delve into it more, and I read the book about it.

This book, Niacin: The Real Story: Learn about the Wonderful Healing Properties of Niacin, is a compendium of several doctors' work with long experience using niacin for all kinds of ailments.

I am on the third day of their recommended dosing schedule, which is: 1g of niacin, a B complex, and Vitamin C, three times a day. With meals, though I take it with my tea and coconut oil as breakfast and do fine.

I got here by gradually increasing my niacin dose, and also ramping up the C. Love my C!

I feel good, and I will see how it goes. I need a lot of healing: I had an undiagnosed illness for years and it derailed me in a lot of ways. I was first drawn to niacin because of its beneficial action on the effects of stress; and boy, did I have stress!

The key to understanding niacin's healing qualities is in its amazing ability to combat inflammation. This is what kills us when we eat the SAD. This is implicated in arthritis, auto-immune disorders, heart disease, even mental illness.

To understand the incredible impact of inflammation on our brain, I recommend Brain on Fire, by a young woman who suddenly fell into a severe psychosis which did not respond to any medical treatment. Only an alert diagnostician saved her from permanent brain damage and spending the rest of her life in an asylum. She had a rare infection which creates inflammation in the brain, much like meningitis does.

Also, must report that since going on a serious niacin dosing schedule: cravings have disappeared. I am eating better than ever (when I was sick I could not achieve ketosis) and things I would have caved and had (like higher carb vegetables, or gluten free things that are high in carbs) just do not appeal.

That in itself is kind of a miracle
Sponsored Links