#157   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-13, 17:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/149/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojoj
I found the opposite from most posters on here. When I was fat I was fun, I had lots of friends and enjoyed life, simply being "good old fat Jo". Once I'd lost weight, altho I still had my friends, there was a sense of almost mistrust. Suddenly I wasnt fat and jolly to them, they saw me as a threat, a show off - but I hadnt changed personality wise. So I had to tone down my jolliness for fear of being taken seriously and viewed as a flirt or a show off, yet as a "fatty" it wasnt an issue??!!!

Jo xxx

This has been my experience exactly! Now that I'm not the fat jolly sidekick, most of my friends have fallen to the wayside, sadly. I'm not going to cut back on being a happy and engaging person now that I'm thinner just to retain friends who obviously only had me along to make themselves look good in comparison.

I don't think it's any different for men, either. My step-brother-in-law, at 350lbs, was jolly old Big Shot. He had a gastric bypass, and now that he's lost 160lbs, nobody calls him Big Shot anymore. He's Jim. Even his sister says he's a show off, though as far as I see his personality hasn't changed at all! He's still jovial and funny, same as he was when he was bigger.

It's actually really sad to see how people have turned on him.