View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 14:05

Plan: New Glucose Revolution (ex Montignacer!)
Stats: 155/125/120
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default wow!

My muesli recipe is beoming urban legend! I must thank the New Glucose Revolution book for that, though

Welcome to Montignac, yes - it is slightly confusing, and it will take you a little while to figure out what works for you. I blame it on a bad translations from the native French, not just in the actual text, but also in the types of food - they tend to be very European-centric in the version I have, and a lot of my American friends have no idea what foods he is talking about!

To clarify the Gylcemic Index principles, I always refer people to http://www.mendosa.com/gi.htm

Another useful resource would be the New Glucose Revolution book - which helps to clear some of the mud away! This is the basis of the info that is on the mendosa site above.

In my history with Montiganc, I spent about 4 months or so on Phase 1 - when I cut out bread, most rice, most pasta, any refined foods, and any added sugars. I cooked mainly the Montiganc recipes

Then I gradually re introduced the higher GI, but low GL (something Montiganc only briefly touches on) foods.

Hope this helps
Spang