#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 19:52

Plan: My own
Stats: 185/179/140 Female 69 inches
BF:no idea
Progress: 13%
Thumbs up Yummy! Chile Rellenos

This is absolutely yummy.

You will need to get anaheim peppers. They are the big green ones. Roast the peppers. This can be done in either the oven or stove top, roast until the skin puffs up. Take off heat and put in a pile and cover for a little while, about thirty minutes. I'm guessing this is to help the skin come off. Peel the peppers and set aside. Whip some egg whites, how many depends on how many peppers you are making. Beat several egg whites until stiff. Take a couple of egg yolks and fold them in with the stiff egg whites. This should look like a frothy batter, but not thin. But monterrey jack cheese into strips. Take the skinned peppers and make a slit in each one of them. Put a strip of cheese into the pepper and secure shut with a tooth pick. Heat some oil in a frying pan. Take the pepper and dunk it in the frothy batter. Put immediately into the hot oil. Fry until the batter is a nice golden color, remove and put on a plate with paper towels to soak up excess oil. Repeat the process until all the peppers are done. You can fry more than one depending on the size of pan you use. Not sure about the carb count, but it has to be fairly low. These are yummy along with a homemade tomato salsa on top. Try not to eat more than two, as you will probably get a tummy ache as I did tonight.
Sponsored Links