#3   ^
Old Sun, May-31-09, 02:03

Plan: Eat Fat Get Thin
Stats: 162/158/144 Female 5 ft 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default low carb questions + Hi from relative newbie

Dear all,

Hi, this is such a helpful discussion for me. I have a history of attempting low carb diets and either they suit me and I then find that I have become irritable and depressed (Atkins old style) - this was solved by introducing porridge oats in the morning, that simple - or they alomost immediately cause me to become pale, weak and listless.

I am currently doing Eat Fat Get Thin (and getting great internet support on it) which has an upper carb limit of 60g and am finding that ok but three weeks in I am aware of a slight decrease in stamina. Last weekend I walked for hours this weekend 40 minutes felt quite a lot! I know there are lots of possible reasons for this but wonder whether the S Principle holds some clues.

I had chronic fatigue for a year back in the early nineties, have PCO (but not the syndrome), a small amount of genetic hair loss, a tendency to burn out, hormonal ups and downs. I am now 48.

I have ordered the first book 1999 The Schwarzbein Principle the truth etc and am wondering whether I should also order The Programme (2005) ..it seems she goes into more of the issues around carb usage in that.

People keep talking about 1 anad 11 and I'm not sure which books they are refering to.

I am very concerned not to raise my carb in-take too far ...I do need to drop 18 pounds and the EAT FAT GET THIN approach is preventing me from bingeing. I have also tried Protein Power and South Beach.

I wonder whether I could adopt some of the SPrinciples or even transition onto her eating plan.

Advice welcomed and thanks for an interesting and illuminating thread.

Kapri