View Single Post
  #632   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-18, 17:22

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default NOT happy right now

It's leg and butt day. I was up all night - first night shift back at work.
Didn't sleep well during the day - I will explain why shortly.

Workout this afternoon: Circuit training - move from front squats to deadlifts to hamstring curls, stopping only to breathe and bring my heart rate down from 170 to 150

Circuit 1
Front Barbell Squats 90x10,10,10,10,10
Barbell Deadlifts : 110x10,10,10,10,10
Hamstring Curls 35x10,10,10,10,10

Circuit 2
Goblet Squats 25x10,10
Barbell Straight Leg Deadlifts 110x10,10

...aaand at that point I was ready to puke, my heart rate wasn't coming off the ceiling, and I called it quits. Took about 25 min to hit the cliff.

Took another 15 min to cool down and stop dripping sweat.

Would have liked to finish circuit 2 with 50 reps and maybe do some jumps. Guess I'll have to tackle that later at work somehow.

As to the lack of sleep, it's a combination of things. It's difficult to switch over to night shift. I typically stay up a bit late the night before, which makes the adjustment easier. Earlier in my life, it was absolutely nothing to make the switch. However, lately it's become more difficult to move sleep patterns around every week or so.

There are other reasons I'm not sleeping well at the moment. I've just started a fairly intense exercise routine that includes a lot of cardio and involves a lot of muscles that I've not normally been putting much stress on.

As a result, my body seems to be running hotter than normal, which makes sleep difficult.

Another result is that I'm tender pretty much everywhere, so even rolling over brings pain.

Lastly, I'm losing fat cushioning that I got used to sleeping on, so there are some positioning issues that are causing discomfort.

For the record, I'm not complaining - just describing the situation as it sits for me right now. I'm really looking forward to getting over this little hump. Just need to focus on being a little bit mentally and physically tough at the moment!