#6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-25-15, 11:58

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfat
Hi my willpower is a weak. I've never done successful diet in my life all fail.
That's why most of us are here. Due to brainwashing, even on Atkins, I tried to minimize fat and calorie intake. After 35 years of failing on diets, even low-cal low-carb low-fat with various amounts of protein, I decided to do the only diet that I had never dared to try - very HF, very LC, moderate protein and higher calories than any diet I had ever followed. I chose the maintenance level of calories for a "normal" person at my goal weight. That amounted to ~1750 cals/day compared to my previous diets, most in the 800-1200 calorie range; the highest at 1450. I lost all my excess weight and maintain it on that same "normal" level of calories, something my past history of dieting made me think was impossible. After a few days I found that eating more fat and calories made willpower completely unnecessary, I wasn't hungry and my food seemed decadent - chicken thighs with skin, salad with full-fat dressing, deviled eggs with lots of mayo, heavy whipped cream in coffee, butter, etc.

Basically I followed and still follow ketogenic Atkins Induction, but with no grains, legumes or dairy proteins and virtually no processed foods, 70-75% fat, 20-25% protein, 5% carbs. I have protein at every meal (20-25g), none or a few carbs from vegetables, then add fat. I also use coconut oil or heavy whipped cream or butter in my coffee and tea.

I started by just adding fat to what you are eating. This actually boosted my weight loss and metabolism; severe calorie restriction was slowing my metabolism to conserve energy. It was scary to start adding fat, but, after 35 years of diet failures I decided to commit to it for a month and see what happened. I was shocked to find I had hit upon the only way of eating that I could adopt for life and lose weight with no hunger, no cravings, and no constantly thinking about food.

You mention your intense attraction to cheesecake. I had that too and it was just as bad with LC cheesecake, whey protein shakes, greek yogurt, cream cheese, sour cream, meaning that dairy proteins are the culprit, not just sugar. I could not get below 150 lbs until I eliminated all dairy except for ~2T butter and ~2T HWC per day, since they have only minute amounts of carbs and proteins - casein, whey and other "milk solids". My chronic sinus congestion also disappeared.

I've found that all the foods I had intense cravings for in the past contain something I am sensitive to. They are insulinogenic and dairy contains opioid peptides that many find addictive. When I avoid these things and eat yummy fatty ketogenic foods instead, the cravings completely disappear. It only takes ~3 days of "clean" eating.