View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-18, 22:55

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default ReneeH20’s On and Off Ice Training Log

Figure skating is my first sport love. Got some lessons as a kid and then was off ice for 20+ years. Spending many hours at the rink watching my kid skate, gave me the bug at 40 to begin again. I had to start again almost from scratch, but I love it so much. I just turned 50 so have been back for 10 years now. A couple years ago I was one of the founding members of our skating team. We have so much fun and it is great to have the adult comradery.

The rink is closed for renovations right now so I am only getting in one day/wk. That will increase to two over the summer. Then three when the rink opens in the fall.

I am coming up on my 2 year anniversary at my gym. When I hit goal weight, my doctor wanted me to do some strength training. According to her, most people that lose a large amount of weight lose 25% of their muscle. I only lost 13% because I had been skating, but she wanted me to build it back up. And also there was Lucy (my loose skin in my arms) - needed to work on toning her up. My gym goal is 5 days/wk.

In addition to tightening things up, my goal is to increase strength, flexibility, and balance off ice to reflect improvements on ice. We are considering doing the Adult National competition this fall in Lake Tahoe. I would like to compete some of my individual events as well.
Sponsored Links