View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-26-21, 12:44

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

There are books for every level of comprehension. Good Calories Bad Calories for example, is a sprawling epic. At the other end of the scale, books like What the Fat and End Your Carb Confusion are clearly aimed at the lay consumer. I know I personally appreciated WTF back in the day myself.

Personally I found Protein Power pretty good, although the thing I think I appreciate the most about it was the time in which it was written. There's no shortage of low carb literature out there these days of course, and then you have the likes of Pure, White and Deadly which appeared a generation earlier, when the classical academic debate over sugar vs fat was still raging. But PP appeared during a time when carbs were most definitely in and fat was still most definitely out. It would not have been easy to put out a book like that in an environment like that.

So in a sense, I like to look back on PP not just as a decent read on its own merits, but also a key marker/stepping stone/enabler for what would follow in the way of low carb writing in the years to come.