View Single Post
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Mar-01-07, 18:44
Registered Member

Plan: DiPasquale Radical Diet
Stats: 301.5/260.2/260 Male 71
BF:25%/?%/15%
Progress: 100%

Cholesterol is not causitive of heart disease, it is a WEAK predictor at best. Triglycerides are a better predictor, but again, they are not causitive. For those that buy into the cholestrol hypothesis (I find it extremely weak) low triglycerides indicate the fraction of LDL that has been identified as the most damaging (predictor?) will be very low, regardless of the total LDL level. My best guess is that most heart disease is related to wacked carb metabolism that is usually, but not always, indicated by high triglycerides and sometimes high cholesterol numbers. Wildly fluxuating blood sugars and high insulin is probably far more damaging to the body that anything from the cholesterol of any type.

I've never been very impressed by argument by authority, I gots a brain and like to use it. I have taken a few higher level undergraduate and graduate physiology classes and the pre-meds never did very well. They complained a lot for as a rule, they didn't seem to understand process well; they could memorize several hundred pages of anatomy in a week, but ask them to explain a simple graph... A MD is basically a mechanic for the human body, and like some mechanics, many aren't very good at diagnosis. I guess what I am taking a lot of words to say, I have much higher standards than the average MD.

Kind regards