Thread: Lemon Loaf Cake
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 22:03

Plan: good fat low carb
Stats: 255/170/170 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

ive been thinking about this.. and i think you could use this recipe as a base recipe (minus the extract and lemon juice)..

i think you might be able to make a sweet almond bread that would be low carb enough for sandwiches if you reduce the amount of splenda in it.. or even add something like cream cheese and use some cinnamon instead of the flavoring.. i dont know i will play with it some probably..

when i made this i used orange extract and it came out good.. but im terrible at recipes and couldnt figure out why mine didnt rise like yours.. found out i forgot the baking powder :P my husband loved it anyways (he has severe allergies but can eat whats in this recipe)..

There are many recipes on this board for different kinds of breads, but if i can get this one to work as a base recipe that would be fabulous!

im going to make it again this weekend but do it RIGHT.

I also am going to ask in the kitchen help area if there is a way to use davinci syrup in this recipe instead of the splenda and extract.. i may still have to use some splenda but i would think not as much..

thanks again.. this is great