View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-12, 18:50

Plan: Keto/ProperHumanDiet
Stats: 154.0/120.0/120.0 Female  5'4"
BF:==%
Progress: 100%
Default My run today...

I got out the door for my run about 1:30 this afternoon...had grand plans to get out there this morning, it was such a beautiful crisp Fall morning and I had the running togs all laid out...but my son came over with my grandbaby to pick up the rototiller to use and we visited....It was tempting to just say 'oh well, maybe tomorrow'....and I'm still a little sore from day before yesterday...but yesterday was a rest day and I needed to get back out there. And then a friend yelled at me in her email to get my butt out the door...that was the extra kick I needed so I headed out. I'm taking things really slow, not pushing myself extra hard because since my neck surgery I really pay for it the next day if I overdo with horrible neck and shoulder pain. But I did a good solid 2.28 miles at a 15 min/mi pace (yes, I'm a proud Penguin)...I had just the right clothing on and it was a nice 65 degrees. I've gotten it in my mind that I want to get another big dog so I have a running partner. The hub runs but he does his own thing and we don't run together...that's okay with me because I'm listening to my Galloway program and my music and I like being by myself. But I used to have my big red dobie back in the 90s running with me every day and it's absolutely wonderful to have a big dog as a willing enthusiastic running partner. Doesn't get any better than that...She used to start spinning in circles when I'd grab my running shoes.
My dogs now are my precious little mini-schauzers but that won't work.....Anyway, we'll see......Ever since we lost our big black grizzly bear lab/golden retriever mix three years ago we're resisting getting another big dog, at least at this time...but I keep thinking about it. Anyway, I'm so glad I got out there today...I set that goal of doing it and I did and it feels good.