View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-12, 07:35

Plan: Keto/ProperHumanDiet
Stats: 154.0/120.0/120.0 Female  5'4"
BF:==%
Progress: 100%
Default Hi!

Hi Starrunner! We're about the same pace with running it looks. I'm a proud 'Penguin', always have been. Like you I've been a runner off and on for years, especially through the 90s. Got back into it consistently two years ago and I did three fun runs in 2011. My neuro symptoms reared their ugly head about two weeks after a 10k a year ago. I run because I've always loved it and it's a great stress reducer. I love the 'zen' time it gives me and it's a great way to maintain my weight. Have you tried John Galloway's program? I started using his phone app about six months ago when I was just getting back out and walking after my surgery. All the years I ran I was a snob about walking, even during training and this last year I've really changed my tune! Because of some health issues and my neck surgery this year I'm happy to do a walk/run program and my running times are the same as they were when I would do a constant jog. If I get back to where I feel confident entering another fun run I have a different outlook on it now and won't pressure myself so much, just make it fun! Best wishes and stay in touch! I'd like to hear more about your running experiences. Meg