View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-12, 13:09

Plan: Keto/ProperHumanDiet
Stats: 154.0/120.0/120.0 Female  5'4"
BF:==%
Progress: 100%
Default Did it...

Got back out on the road finally this morning....finished up about an hour ago...it felt so good! My last run was about three weeks ago...weird low back issues this last couple of weeks happened from what I think was my little workout I do at home...so I'm going to lay off of that for a while. Love the Galloway program, ratio is set at 1 min. run/1 min. walk...my total distance was 2.06 miles, pace at 15.3 min/mi. which by most runner's terms is slow, for me is perfect. I like having Galloway talking in my ear reminding me to keep my posture, shoulders back, abs in...his voice on top of my favorite music is like having a personal trainer with me. The temp is already up to 66 after a chilly morning of 36, it's so pretty out. Down the driveway, across the road, over the fence and onto the dirt farm road along the edge of the big field. They did their last cutting of alfalfa a few days go so it's green and pungent while the rows are drying in the sun, they haven't baled it up yet. Only drawback about it being so dry out is the inch or so of very dusty dirt that gets into my shoes and socks...then when the road runs out it is a cut field but the edge is dry and stickery and some of the stickers made their way into my socks..ouch. I prefer running on dirt tho and it is also safer to be off the highway. I cut my running gear down to just my workout watch, Road ID bracelet, pepper spray velcro strapped in my left hand (for wayward mean dogs). My soft neoprene snap together gun holster is perfect, I don't even know it's there, just sits softly around my hips and has room for the iphone to slip into it. I ordered it a couple of months ago after much research on line and couldn't be happier with it. I carry a little 5 shot taurus for protection. Ever since the highschool teacher in Montana was kidnapped along side the road and murdered while she was out for her morning 30 minute jog last January I don't take any chances when I'm out by myself...I live in the middle of nowhere. I keep my CTC permit current and only carry it when I'm out running. I did a little stretching when I got home and my tailbone is a little sore so I'll have a good soak in the hot tub tonight! I'm off to the big city tomorrow morning for the day with a friend so no run for me but I think I'll treat myself to a new pair of running shoes while I'm there......My goal now is to make sure I get a good run in at least 4 days a week! Today was Day 1 of Galloway's 10K training program..I'll probably stick to the Day 1 program for a week and then progress. The last 10K fun run I did was a year ago this month here in our little town and then I had neck surgery in Feb. At this point I just want to get back into it for me....just glad to be back out there and won't mind if I don't do the fun runs again although it's so fun to meet other likeminded people and get a cool T or sweatshirt...maybe this next year.