#9   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 12:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/170/130 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default all of a sudden a lost a lot...

Chiqui,

I hope you are doing good. How is everything?

I have news:

After months and months of barely losing a pound or half pound a week--I am in shock.

I weighed in this morning for the first time since I came to mexco, and it turns out that I have dropped 10 whole pounds in the last 4-6 weeks! I keep doing the math, converting kilos into pounds (they use kilos here). I keep thinking that I have miscalculated.

I also thought that maybe something is wrong with the scales, but I used 3 different scales and they all agree. I just can't believe it still. I keep thinking that at any moment I will find out it's just a dream. But when I review my life for the last 4 weeks, I realize that it is entirely plausible. I exercise a lot here. There is a lot of climbing and walking. Iīm also taking salsa dance classes and my legs ache from the exercise. I leave the studio drenched in sweat. And I decided 6 weeks ago to drink only water (and a cup of coffee in the mornings).

I'm so thrilled and thankful. I spent many many frustrating weeks in which the scale did not move at all, and sometimes it even went up. So now, I'm down to 169. Thatīs 31 pounds gone! and about that much to go (although Iīd like to lose more than that I'll be so, so happy to get into the 130īs--could you imagine? I havenīt weighed that for 5 years).

I'm going to try to not weigh in again for a long time and just keep doing what I'm doing.

I just had to share my news!