View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-08, 10:44

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 237/218/155 Female 69
BF:36.5%
Progress: 23%
Default Low Carb "Pancake" Cake

Hubby & I had a craving for pancakes this morning, so I threw this together. We were thrilled to discover that these "pancakes" tasted just like the real thing without all the carbs!

This isn't a low calorie dish, but at just 5 net carbs per serving, we'll be enjoying it as an occasional treat.

CAKE:

1 c. Coconut flour
1 c. Ground flax meal
2T. Buckwheat flour
2T. Splenda
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/3 c. warm water
1/4 c. butter
2T. Almond butter
1/4 c. whipped cream cheese
1/4 c. chopped walnuts

Grease bottom of a 9" X 9" baking dish. Preheat over to 350 F.

In a small saucepan, melt butter, cream cheese, and almong butter together with vanilla and 1 T. of Splenda.

In a mixing bowl, mix coconut flour, buckwheat, flax meal, and remaining Splenda until well-blended then mix in 2 eggs and 1/3 c. water, adding additional water as needed to form a thick paste. Fold in melted ingredients and mix til blended.

Spread mixture evenly into greased baking dish, leaving a slight lip on the edges of the dough. Spread chopped nuts evenly over the top, pressing them lightly into the dough.

Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes.

Let cool for five minutes then cut into six pieces.

They taste great just like this, but if you want "syrup," it's simple to make... I use:

1/4 c. butter
Dash vanilla
2 T. Splenda

Melt butter & mix in other ingredients. Spoon over top of the "cake." A little goes a LONG WAY! I use 1-2 t. of this "syrup" per piece of cake.

Six GENEROUS servings: 425 calories, 15 protein, 5 carbs each piece (includes syrup)
Sponsored Links