#4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 21:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292/271/160
BF:
Progress: 16%

Quote:
Originally posted by SlimShAdY
Hey, i had that done..I had the same thing..

I don't know what you mean by "adjusting to no thyroid meds"..After you have the surgery, you need them for the rest of your life bcause it replaces the actuall thyroid

Of course ... I wasn't clear ... I mean that although I'm taking meds now for hashimotos that I will need to take more after the surgery ... will that make losing even harder for me than it is now?

Quote:
And recovery dosen't take too long ..The first 2 days are the hardest because you can't move your neck and your head. and you won't be able to yell..lol But I was fine after mine and even went back to work after 3 weeks..(which was way too soon, so I don't recomend it lol)

Uh oh ... I wasn't planning to be down that long. I'm a preacher and my doctor said I wouldn't feel up to preaching the next Sunday, but that I could be there, even read a little if I felt up to it. I planning to be back the following week ... I don't expect I'll be doing lots of home visits, etc. But I will be planning on working at the office -- planning, writing, reading etc. Is this too ambitious?

Quote:
I'm just wondering...How long have you been doing Atkins? ... wondering How much you have lost since doing it?

Hope that helped, and good luck!

I've been doing Atkins since July 27, 2001. Just about 6 months now ... When I started Atkins I weighed 280 ... now it's about 236. It's worked well; I once lost 60 pounds by counting calories, cooking low-fat, and exercising. But that was nearly 15 years ago ... I gained it all back and then some within 2 years.

In March 2001 my doctor's scale weighed me in at 287 and I know that my home scale went above the 290 mark at least once. I took a mission/study trip to Guatemala last summer and lost 10 pounds .. the food and intestinal problems ... when I got home, I decided to start Atkins.

That averages to about 7 pounds per month, but it's actually more like 4 or 5 pounds per month now ... I lost 8 pounds during induction.

Thanks for writing ... my surgery is scheduled for February 6.