#16   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-19, 07:05

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingCat
While I do really like the sweet potatoes with cinnamon, I understand that they are still pretty high on the GI scale (albeit better than white potatoes or a Snickers bar).

I do like vegetables, but I get bored quickly with raw salads. I'm trying to learn to cook more things. Broccoli and spaghetti squash are pretty easy, but, like the raw stuff, eating it too frequently can get really dull. And if food is boring, I'll look for something more interesting, carbs be damned!

So, to get specific, if I go out tonight and get a spaghetti squash, any spices you'd recommend? Usually, I just put butter and pepper on it, but... boring after the first serving.

My taste buds are better satisfied with stronger, spicier add-ons. Like garlic salt over braised broccali, topped with a slice of cheese; or broiled brussel spoutes smothered in EVOO and salt and pepper.

I make the spagetti squash with a parmesan and cream sauce, along with salt and pepper.

Or some like SS with a marinara sauce ramped u p with extras like basil and garlic, and scallions.

When you are ready, look up a Red Thai curry recipe--- very hot, but loaded with an array of sweet and hot spices.

For salads, which DO get boring fast: blue cheese dressing, or Italian to amp up the flavor; or try sauting those same greens in EVOO, lemon juice and garlic. And butter.

Also consider other fats like bacon or beef fat. Adds a diffreent flavor than EVOO or butter. Sometimes adding CO for the MCT as well, no flavor there if refined. Otherwise unrefined coconut oil has a slightly coconutty smell which will change a dish.

Red pepper flakes is awesome. Using just a pinch has a different effect than a whole lot more. Just complicates the flavors when a pinch is used, like in tomato sauces, or sauted vegies.
Sponsored Links