View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-16, 09:41
Registered Member

Plan: Partially dietitian
Stats: 161.4/158.8/148 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Sydneyanne, I don't know if you are around this forum anymore, but I can relate to what you said in your original thread post. I choose to follow a dietitian prescribed "semi" low carb diet (60 mg net carbs or less/day) and in the past had others here tell me that it was a bad plan and that the dietitian didn't know what she was doing. In any case, I lost about 35 lbs in 6 months on my prescribed "semi" low carb diet and all of my blood work normalized. It's hard for me to buy in that it is a bad diet. It's different, but not bad.

I must say that I had to really work very hard to stay below 60 mg of net carbs when I was on the diet. I was a real starchy carb junkie so I think 60 mg net carbs was about as low as I could go. To me the extreme reduction to what I USED to eat was a challenge and I met that challenge with good results. My plan still allowed me to have the occasional starchy carb as a "treat" and also didn't (to me) seem to be overly depriving. We all have our good diet matches.