#30   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-20, 09:55

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
The article says "Though it’s important to take supplements, she explains that a person’s cardiovascular and brain health are inextricably linked, and vegans tend to have healthier hearts." I followed the link that was highlighted and it leads to an epidemiological study of three groups: vegetarians, fish eaters, and those who didn't do either (the British equivalent of SAD) and were labeled meat-eaters. OF course, those who lived on fast food and other junk fared worse than those who were trying to live healthily .

Look at it this way. Meat eating animals are smarter.

Nobody says "as Smart as a Sheep" or "as Sly as a Cow", or "as Wise as a Pigeon", or "as Cunning as a Rabbit", those adjectives are exclusively associated with meat eating animals.

There is a convincing argument that human's brains started expanding when we started eating cooked meat. It goes on to say that cooking makes meat makes it easier for our body to digest and extract the healthy benefits.

It's just a theory and we will never really know.

Meanwhile I have (1) the teeth of an omnivore (2) the enzymes of an omnivore (3) the alimentary canal of an omnivore - so it makes sense that I eat an omnivorous diet.

Bob