View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-20, 15:00

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

I suppose if someone just wanted to lose a few pounds, and didn't have any real metabolic problems, that plate would be ok - it's certainly a good bit better than the food pyramid or My Plate, that's for sure.

I'm assuming that the percentages are intended to represent the percentage of your plate for each category, not percentage of calories, because you could end up with a LOT of carbs, and very little fat if it's percentage of calories.

How it actually turns out depends a lot on what you're putting in each area.

30% of one of my dinner plates covered with scrambled eggs - that's a LOT of eggs! Alternately, it could hold 2 medium sized chicken thighs, or a nice big, thick hamburger patty.

10% of my dinner plate holding macadamia nuts or butter - that's a LOT of macadamias, or about 1/2 stick of butter.

10% of my dinner plate holding whole grain - that's only about 1/2 of a slice of bread (why even bother with bread, if that's all I can have?)

10% of my dinner plate holding low glycemic fruit - so about 2 sliced strawberries, or maybe 10-12 raspberries.

40% of my dinner plate holding veggies - those asparagus spears are long! Laying them side by side, just a few of them covers that entire area.

Aside from the fact that it's not what Dr Atkins would have advised, and the fact that I don't eat all those things at every meal, it doesn't sound too bad for LC, especially since I don't see any point at all in bothering with a lousy 1/2 slice of bread.