View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-21, 09:28

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%
Default My Glucose Readings

I have never considered myself to definitely be diabetic. I haven't been diagnosed because I don't want it on paper, as a pre-existing condition. Also, if a doctor did tell me I am diabetic, what would I do about it? The same thing I'm doing now.
But, when I had been back on lc for several weeks, this time, I got out my meter and started checking my glucose. I knew I needed to get more strips but started out using what I had. The numbers were good, which didn't surprise me, as I had been losing steadily and I think I've lost about 20 lbs. But I got new strips the other day and used them for the first time yesterday morning before eating but not immediately upon getting up for the day. I checked twice and read 121 the first time and 117, the second. I am so upset. I know I'm still almost 200 lbs, but I hear all the time about people's sugars normalizing on a low carb diet, after a couple of weeks. I get no more than about 15 grams per day and like I said, I've lost 20 lbs, which is ten percent of my body weight. I also fast every day and have had several OMAD days.
And, I eat cleaner than I ever did when I did lc in the past. I don't do sf treats, etc.
So, I guess I am diabetic, which doesn't surprise me much, but shouldn't my sugar be lower than this? Is weight that much of an actual cause of high sugars? Why would I still have so much sugar in my blood when I'm still fasting for the day?
Sponsored Links