View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-13, 12:02

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%
Default Teaser's workout journal

This is Teaser's workout log. Feel free to kick sand in my face. But not for long.

pullups (hands-in) bodyweight; 7,7,6 6,6,6, 6,6,6. Between sets I memorize lines of poetry until I feel like doing another set. See what I meant about the sand in the face? Keeps the workout from being boring. Only resting is boring.

standing alternate curls --25 dbx2, 8,7,6,5,4,3
with this I'm doing 8 reps, put the weights down, pretend to do eight reps, weight up, 7 reps, down pretend to do eight reps, weight up, 6 reps etc. Some numbers may be skipped on the way down to three if I fail, and some numbers done twice if they're still easy--when I get to three, that's all I can do.

Bent rows--
Same as alternate curls. The fake reps were a little shorter--both arms moving at one time. So I failed a lot on reps--more like 8,6,4,3,3. Did this with a 105 pound barbell, so pretty light weight. My traps felt really springy afterwards. I'll take that as a good sign. When I was a teenager, there was a greater tendency for springiness in pretty much every muscle after working it. Forget the pump, go for the boing.

I basically have a pull day and a push day for upper body, and a leg day. I used to do three days a week, but lately I've doubled up--two days in a row for each muscle group, so five days rest between, more or less.

I used to do everything to failure, I've backed off from that in favour of volume. So far it seems to be working.
Sponsored Links