View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-14, 09:23

Plan: my own
Stats: 215/170.5/145 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 64%
Unhappy

in the last month as I've been losing, the hot flashes/nite sweats have gone from literally zero to CRAZY! This is so nuts. after a few years of dealing with hot flashes, they mostly had gone and I was so relieved. But when I started back on Atkins, they started up again almost immediately and with a vengence. I used to only be bothered by them in the evening and while trying to sleep, but now they are all freakin' day long - in fact I just had one as I'm writing this!

Coconut oil and MCT oil bring them on so fiercely that I had to cut both out. Even putting on coconut oil or lotion containing coconut oil start the flashes immediately. This is a major bummer because I've always used c.o. for cooking, in coffee, skin and hair care, etc.

I know this is related to the release of estrogen in body fat as I lose it. But seriously, this is beginning to become a real problem as they are intensifying with the more weight that I lose. Done HRT before and won't go back to that. Tried all the herbal remedies. None work consistently.

I know I will just have to push on through, but I wonder if anyone else has experienced an increase in hot flashes as you are losing? I understand that they are suppose to decrease or stop once you get to your goal weight and are no longer shedding fat, but how bout during?

I am so thankful that it is winter and can step outside occasionally for relief. Still not much help.