#8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-30-21, 15:48

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
That is a good read. It also shows how we are coming back to what was "common knowledge" 50 years ago - that if you've got something spilling over into your blood or urine, you've got too much of it, not too little of it.

When I first went LC ~20 years ago I got a BG monitor to help identify which foods increase my BG more than others and more than what their carb counts would predict. When Marty first started his blog and data plots, it was interesting to see that his results were the same as mine, with things like dairy being at the high end of the range. And the high-end foods were all ones that have triggered my cravings for decades, and things that Atkins limited or did not allow in 1972.

I bought some ketosticks once, but most of the time I was looking at them in differerent lighting trying to discern if they were very very very pale pink or had not changed colour at all. What I did find was that if I avoided the high-end-of-range cravings inducers and ate only Bernstein levels of carbs per meal of real foods, my hunger & cravings completely disappeared and I lost fat effortlessly. And I could rely on my hunger signals coming back only when I needed food again, something I hadn't been able to rely on since I was ~12 years old. I wasn't spilling ketones because I was using them up for energy & brain activities, the way the body was designed to work - in equilibrium with optimal nutrition.

great feedback!