#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-16, 04:01

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Inflammation

Hi all,

I have a work colleague who is suffering from a variety of chronic health issues; think obesity, PCOS, bad liver, one kidney, bad skin, poor eyesight etc, but top of the list for her is the inflammation. Her whole body is wracked all over with rheumatoid arthritis to the point where she can hardly sleep due to the pain. She has 1-2 physio appointments every week, and she's getting her CRP tested every few weeks, which most of the time comes back at double digits, where 1 is supposed to be a normal reading.

I've been hesistant to offer her my help since I didn't want to risk the professional relationship, but after I overheard her talking about trying certain foods like nuts and fish and finding them helpful for her inflammation, I mentioned that they had been useful to me for my own weight loss as well, and quietly offered to ask around "places I know" that I thought might have some other ideas to offer. So here I am.

Obviously there's a significant overlap between inflammation and obesity, but the inflammation is her #1, so I've been looking for resources that are really focused on that aspect in particular. None of the half-dozen or so LCHF books I've read go into inflammation in any great detail, and so far I've only really found http://www.nofructose.com/ in terms of informative online resources.

Can anyone else recommend any reading - online or otherwise - on the primary subject of controlling inflammation?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links