View Single Post
  #370   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-21, 07:18
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I managed to get 10K steps in everyday last month. The knee healed to about 90% rather quickly and it appears that the regular activity may have helped. I only did some rehab type exercises. Most of my activity was simply walking - with a little easy hiking here and there.

About this last 10% of the healing process... Recovery was fast at first, but progress has really slowed down. It seems to be much the same from one day to the next. I'd read that a meniscus injury can take 3 to 6 months to heal. It has been 3 months.

The knee still bothers me at times. Sometimes I don't notice a thing and other times I find myself walking with a mild limp. I sometimes hear some strange crackle noises walking up steps. Other times I don't. And the knee does still ache from time to time and this is not necessarily tied to doing too much activity. In fact, moving around on it tends to loosen things up in a good way. I don't know if I'll ever get back to 100%. I may always have a level of knee problems to deal with. I hope not. Losing more weight will surely help. Time will tell.

Next week I'm going on a vacation with my kids. We will do a lot of walking and some hiking. I may not be at 100%, but I'm happy with my progress. I think that the knee will be up to the challenge.