View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jul-07-01, 17:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hi Jomil

<<word "addiction". To me it represents most things that effect your well being in a bad way. >>

For many years I worked on addictions. Gave up coffee (caffiene), tea (tanin), emotional responses to situations, tried hard and failed to cut down on sugar/choclates, refused to take drugs for depression but things just got worse.

My relationships were failing, my confidence was at an all-time low; my work was suffering; my moods were swinging all over the place. I was happy and enthusiastic when I woke up but (with hindsight) after a high-carb breakfast I was down again never quite understanding why I had suddenly lost my joy. Winter was just one long depression when I basically went through the motions of existing. I'd say that was affecting my well being in a bad way, wouldn't you? I'd just never known there was a thing called carb-addiction. In fact if things hadn't got as desperate as they did I probably wouldn't have considered giving up vegetarianism. I was ready to try ANYTHING.

It all got better and is getting better still with every passing day of low-carbing.