View Single Post
  #2110   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-19, 18:49

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trig---I loved hearing your take on how things have/are changing for you as you go on down that road. You have an amazing ability to just LET GO of so much---I have watched you do it over the years. I can almost feel the wind blowing thru your hair w/everything you release on. I could use a bit more of that.

But, I will echo Nic to say for myself, it's not so much about my "identity" although can't say that doesn't play a role, particularly in times of transition, but ultimately it's really more about a desire for productivity of some sort, and yes! "adventure" new paths, new things, even if not in the way one does so when we're younger.

I think you get this on your travels in your RV. Hitting the road and just letting it happen is always an adventure. New places, new spaces, new things to explore. This seems so clearly your passion, and I guess my point is, life is sweeter when you still have a passion for something. That's something I never want to let go of.

Lori---Sounds like the reunion was a lot of fun. I think it's so cool that your hubby gave a talk on the history of your town. Did you guys have a good turn out?

Bats in the belfry, holy moly! In college I lived on the third floor of a very old bldg. on the lake and we had several bat invasions. LOL, 4 girly girls---we called the fire department up the block and they actually came several times and got rid of the bat or bats---hmmm, we were a cute bunch.

Get this, once I put my arm into my bathrobe and felt a lump of something---looked down the sleeve and thought it was a big glob of dust/dirt till I saw the little eyes and nose. Curled up sleeping bat. I freaking freaked out.

Jaz---I understand what you're saying about work. It is so hard to make decisions like this, been there. Would it work to contact this woman who wants to hire you and ask her opinion? I know, that's a loaded decision too. Comes a time when you just have to trust your gut.

I hear you on your sadness over this weekend's tragedies. Don't even get me started because I'm not only sad, I'm darn angry---on and on and on it goes and where it stops, no one knows. But how hard for you to think about this happening in your lovely old neighborhood.

You're sounding so strong on the woe, and happy and satisfied w/it. That's really the sweet spot for all of us I think. It doesn't go on w/out interruptions here and there, but when we're there much more often than not, I call that a success.

Nic---It just warmed my heart to envision you w/all your birdies coming in for a return landing in the home nest, along w/all their stuff and their inability to use a glass or cup more than once---yeah, what up w/that?! LOL, same thing happens when son comes home. Stuff everywhere, dishwasher stuffed w/glasses and totally on over load.

Hey, I'm so impressed w/T's musical motivation and talent. I know he challenges the heck out of you, but to refer back to what I wrote above, he has a passion! And seems even at this young age, he's good at it. Whether it ends up being "what he does" as an adult in some form or another isn't imo, something we need to know today. What is SO COOL about it, is the talent and the heart showing itself in your son. That's the ticket that can grow in so many ways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a totally fab weekend. Yesterday's yummy surprise engagement and all my extended family there to cheer them on was just the best. I'll say this for my fam---we show up. First house? We'll be there for the warming. Seriously, my other nephew and niece, kids and hubbies flew in just for that, as did an auntie and uncle on my SIL's side. And all of us got a big bonus. Wish my son could have been there, he was bummed to have missed it.

Today we went to the most delightful art fair, one we go to almost every summer. It is set up around a beautiful little city lake and park. My mom was, amongst so many other things---seriously, she was a driven woman--- a fantastic artist and I grew up sitting w/her at art fairs and helping her sell her wares, so art fairs are my old stomping grounds and always remind me of the best sides of my momma.

But oh man, it was HOT. Thankfully it is a reasonably wooded park, so we stopped often to just sit in the shade and people watch. An old pal of ours came w/us and I so enjoyed that. She and I love to see all that creativity and we had a lot of fun choosing a few small but lovely treasures.

And yeah, the food trucks were amazing, and yeah, it was another treat day. I chose carefully, didn't stuff myself and just enjoyed.

Came home and was in our pool w/in minutes. No work out. Walked a couple of miles today, so that was enough. Just floated around and reduced my body temp---I need to do more of just enjoying being in the pool and not seeing it as just my work out place.

Off to watch our latest series now. Have that super nice good weekend just past feeling.