View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-06, 09:43

Plan: Anti-Estrogenic Diet/PP
Stats: 198/194/140 Female 5 ft 5 in.
BF:27.9%
Progress: 7%

Thanks everyone for your input!! It's great to hear some personal experiences and ideas. I started at 25 grams of carbohydrate per meal, and 15 per snack, and am averaging 70-100 per day. I mean to stick to SP for life, it is a great plan as long as I keep an eye on what I'm eating and actually count my carbs and fat, etc.

The first time I tried to do this, I gained weight (5 pounds--then just went on an out of control eating binge for a few weeks). However, after looking over my menus from before, etc., I think I gained the weight because I really overdid it on the fat, and I didn't count the carbs in cheese or dairy. I know that my adrenals are healthy, but that my metabolism is slightly whacked...so it will take some adjustment, but I imagine I will see some weight loss within the first three months. This time, I am going to be more careful, stick to her guidelines, and continue to exercise every day (but not in excessive amounts)!

Bawdy--
One breakfast that works for me sometimes is what I call vegetable hash--I take about 1/2 of a small eggplant, 1/4 of a couple of different kinds of peppers, some onion, and mushrooms--and dice it finely (I end up with about 2 cups raw vegetables), then I fry it up in a little butter--it is really good if you add some sausage to it for your protein, (or you can serve it with eggs) and toast or fried potatoes--or just as a side dish with yogurt and fruit. I have that a lot when I am not in the mood for eggs. I also LOVE Palak Paneer with scrambled eggs for breakfast. Or even just on its own with toast. (We eat out at an Indian restaurant a lot, and so it is handy in the morning when we have leftovers!)

Also something I discovered when I started this plan last time--in the European hotels they offer a buffet in the morning that always includes yogurt, museli, fruit, sliced cucumber, sliced sweet peppers, sliced tomatoes, cheese and ham slices, hard-boiled eggs and a basket of fresh whole grain rolls. (I won't mention the pastries...drool)

This gives me a lot of potential breakfast ideas. I can roll up some pepper slices in cheese or ham, and have it with a little museli and a couple of tablespoons of yogurt and fresh fruit, or make ham/veggie & cheese/veggie rolls and eat it with a fresh fruit plate--or even make a veggie, cheese, and ham sandwich. (People eat those for breakfast here all the time with a cappuccino...for some odd reason it never seemed right for breakfast for me until I came here--now it seems oh-so-continental!)

Thanks everyone for taking the time to share with us! I hope people will continue to add to this thread as time goes on.