View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 16:23

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Anleigh,

In my view, if you’re slender-boned, you should look fine at your present weight. Perhaps, this is an area where my views are subjectively skewed. I’m half Chinese, and that part of my ancestry shows in the form of bearing a naturally very lithe frame. For instance, my father (the Chinese parent) is 5’ 10” and weighed only about 120 lbs as a teenager heading into college. It wasn’t until 10 years later when he finally put on about 25 lbs getting him to about 145 – 150. He never looked anorexic! Matter of fact, during his era, that was considered a pretty normal weight when just about everyone was thin. Even 30 years ago, neither of us would have been characterized as being too thin or thought of as anorexic. It’s only now given this sudden huge shift from normal sized people becoming larger that we live with this discolored notion that we’re somehow underweight and malnourished.

I’ve inherited my father’s trait and therefore cursed/blessed with a very lithe frame. Many people around me think I’m too thin, malnourished, or—my personal favorite—using excessive exercise as a form of bulimia. Truth is that I was always meant to be about 150 lbs even at 5’ 10” and you were meant to be 100 lbs at your height. What is wrong with that? I know there are those who suggest models are excessively thin for the “clothes hanger” effect when wearing clothes. Well, if it means looking better in clothing with a mannequin physique, why not?

Enjoy being slender especially knowing that the world’s fashion industry makes clothing ideally suited to you with your physical attributes in mind. Finally, you’ll look better in that sort of clothing than anyone else.

So, being thin isn’t all that bad, right? LOL

A little tongue in cheek,

Frederick