View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jun-28-19, 07:14

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Similar finding on my meter and timing Brandy. No need to experiment with carb/fat overfeed like me tho, Otherwise you'd think that eating donuts raises acetone in the breath, even 24 hrs after ingestion, it does!

I think in order for these meters are limited: 1) in accuracy 2) in our technique in using them 3) in our in ability to eat and move exactly the same way for any length (more than a day or two) 4) more stuff here

Use them for fun but don't fool yourself that if you had a little bit of food X the day before and your measurement the next day is Y that X is the condition for Y

Try an experiment for yourself - Plan out a week of eating, as close as you can (measure) the same thing - limit all of your activity to the same steps on a pedometer and see if you get even close to the same result each day. You likely will not, but if you can, let me know so I can try it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE2BEME
I bought the KetoMojo meter a month ago and it’s loads of fun. I find that I’m usually in the 0.4-0.6 range in the morning and then before my late dinner, I’m in the range of 0.7-0.9. But I’m never over that. I’ve read a lot about some people never getting over those ranges. I do OMAD 5 days a week and TMAD on the weekends. But it doesn’t seem to make a difference with the numbers. The highest I’ve seen is when I’ve had a lot fatty meat, almost enough to make me nauseated and it was 1.1. 🤷‍♀️ I’m not at all stressed or discouraged about it, but I do wonder why. I’ve been keto adaptated for at least 2 years and low carb for much longer than that. So, maybe my body has become efficient at using the ketones for energy? My calories are quite low now, so maybe that’s where I’m getting most of my energy. Before I exercise in the evening, I’ll be at 0.7 or something like that, but 0.4 or less immediately after exercising. Anyway, it’s a relief to me to see anything other than the dreaded “Lo” reading that I’ve gotten twice.

But my favorite feature is actually the blood glucose function. I’m doing that way more often, trying to see how foods frequently on my menu affect me. That’s been super enlightening. And lack of sleep. Wow! It will raise my waking glucose levels by more than 20points! I can’t believe how important sleep is for sugar regulation. Anyway, have fun!!