View Single Post
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 07:36
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

someone was complaining about Ben and Jerry's low carb ice cream...yeah, that stuff is slightly wierd, but I'll eat the Half Baked kind. It's actually good, if you can get over the spongy texture. But you should try their "no sugar added" kind. The carbs are the same (5g per serving), but the calories are doubled. My favorite is the New York Fudge Chunk whatever it is. Oh my god, it's incredible. I can't taste the difference between it and "regular" ice cream. Very premium tasting. I don't care if the main ingredient is hydrogenated oils. And 'm not going to pass by the Cheetos Edge every time I see them. I like them. My boyfriend likes them too. Also, the Rolling Rock "green light" low carb beer is excellent. It doesn't taste any lighter than normal light beer. I actually think it has MORE flavor than most light beers.

as for the hydrogenated oils argument: a lot of the companies think that all we care about it net carbs. For a lot of people, that's true. That IS my main concern when looking at labels. My second concern is calories, and if it has enough fat. I should make trans fats my third concern, though. I know they aren't good for anybody.