#3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 11:34
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 166/160/130
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Aughhh!

I thought eggs and cream were "free foods" we didn't have to worry about. Grrrrrr....

Hmmmm...I just looked at the cartons and cream has one carb per tsp. and the half and half has one carb per 2 tbsp! Does this mean half and half is better? This is so complicated! (and I have been counting carbs for my diabetic child for over ten years, so it shouldn't be such a mystery to me!)

Shane, my son, already thinks looking at a box and reading the number of carbs and then trying to figure out what a single serving is is WAY too complicated...I don't dare tell him how complicated it really is! :-)

Anyway, I did make the custard without splenda and it still tastes really yummy (my kids devoured the sweatened version) and is a great breakfast food with a little nutmeg sprinkled on top and a side of sausages. I think this works out to less than 1/3 of a cup of cream per serving, so whatever the carbs are on that, it can't be too much for someone out of induction. And the recipe tastes heavenly. Kind of like French Toast without the toast!

Kim