Old Fri, Apr-07-17, 15:05
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm13
... I think this LCHF diet is the right thing for diabetes and will get me great results.

It sure did the trick for me. The year before I started LCHF I was diabetic and did not know it. I later learned that I had all the symptoms - including diabetic nerve pain, constant thirst, bouts of blurry vision, and total lack of energy. I was 5 weeks into the diet when I had my first A1c. It was 6.7 at the time, but I'm sure it would have been much higher had it been done prior to starting the diet. My doctor was puzzled why my A1c showed I was diabetic but my fasting blood glucose reading was normal. I told her I was on a low carb diet. Rather than prescribe medication, she told me to keep doing what I am doing and come pack in 3 months for another A1c. I did just that and my A1c was down to 6.0 (pre-diabetic). At my next annual checkup 9 months after that my A1c was 5.1 - totally normal. My doctor said "It looks like you cured your diabetes." Those are her words, not mine. That was 3 years ago. I've since had two more annual checkups and both of my A1c scores were in the normal range. I still eat low carb. That is what fixed my diabetes. That is how I need to eat.

I look forward to seeing your next A1c results as well. Stay low carb and I know the score will be much improved.