#13   ^
Old Tue, Dec-22-09, 06:48

Plan: raw food / paleo
Stats: 233/172/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by purnois
I am so thrilled to have found this thread. My plan is to begin to add raw foods into my diet more and more. Currently I am reading Gabriel Cousins' Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine, have completed other books by Carol Alt, Matthew Monarch, and Victoria Boutenko. It looks like my first major purchase will need to be a Vita-Mix blender or a juicer. Any advice?

I have a blend-tec which was recommended to me by the store owner over the vitamix. Still, I regret not getting the vitamix - the blend-tec is powerful, but not nearly as advertised.

You will also most likely need: a deydrator, a food processor (my mini one is fine) a spiral slicer and a mandoline. But the blender is the most important thing for now. I started with my oesterizer, but my green smoothies had bits in them. Still it was fine to start with. You can get the other items slowly. You will also need a nut milk bag. I just buy knee high stocking from the dollar store and use them - they are cheap and work beautifully.

Save your large mayo and pickle jars if you buy these for the rest of the family or get a few larger mason jars. You will need these for sprouting which is a great and cheap source of highly nutritious live food. For a screen for the top of the jar youu could use cheesecloth, but I got a 6 inch roll of tulle from my local party supply store and a pack of rubber bands from the dollar store and just cut pieces of tulle for my jars.

If you have any question, email me anytime info~anstria.com and I will be happy to help.

Warmly,

April