View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Sat, May-23-09, 08:36

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 220/179.6/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Amanda,

I accidently came across a site called Earth Clinic while looking for natural cures. They have loads of testimonals about all kinds of natural cures. That's where I first heard about oil pulling. Also you can just google it and get directions how to do it. Some sites say to use sesame and sunflower oil and others mention EVCO. At first, I tried the sesame oil but hated the taste so I switched to EVCO. They both worked for me - in fact the CO was working too well. I had to take a week off to slow the detoxing effect. They recommend finding a schedule that works for you - some posts recommend four days on and four days off. My husband is a real skeptic about everything but I got him to try the oil pulling and he is now on the 4-4 day schedule. There is one concern with this and that involves mercury fillings. Some people say it loosens them and some say they have even come out. This is not an issue for me because all of mine are replaced.

I really like the site but some of the cures seem pretty complicated and possibly dangerous so I am sticking to the ones that I know can't hurt me. Yesterday I tried baking soda as a deoderant and to my surprise it actually works.

Let me know what you think.
Abby