#21   ^
Old Fri, May-22-09, 12:19

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default Oil Pulling

Hi Abby3,

This is a little bit off-topic, but if you have time to answer me, or point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful1

You wrote in one of your posts:

Quote:
I read about oil pulling on the net and decided to try it. I did it for about two weeks and had great results. My gums got healthier and teeth whiter every day, my sinuses drained and the mild pain that I've had for years in my right ear causing dizziness cleared up.

I would be interested to read more about this, too! I tried "gargling" with coconut oil this morning because I had toothache and - whaddya know? - it went away again!!! I really don't know whether it would have gone away by itself anyway, but the VCO certainly didn't seem to do any harm. I have gum problems, too, and my dentist wants me to have some nasty-sounding (but profitable for him as he can charge more for me as I'm privately insured...) treatment.

I also have had dizziness and pain in my right ear lately, and also have a blocked sinus on the right-hand side of my nose so this sounds very interesting! Could you post the link to where you got the info from, please?

When I tried it this morning, I only managed to do the swishing around of the oil for about five minutes, but I think you're supposed to do it longer??? But I seem to get a lot of saliva accumulating and feel like my mouth is going to explode. I would be interested to read something about the actual technique you're supposed to use.

If you want to post it in my journal, just click on the journal button at the bottom of this post and you'll get into my journal, OK?

Many thanks in advance,

amanda