Thread: Strawberry jam
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-11-20, 14:14

Plan: Low-carb
Stats: 145/136/137 Female 164 cm
BF:
Progress: 113%

I've finally made it. I've just taken 5 frozen strawberries and put them into a cup and into the microwave. About 2 to 3 minutes later (my microwave power is only 700 W), there was a lot of liquid in the cup and the strawberries were soft, the smallest ones already losing shape. I've added erythritol and mixed well, using a fork to crush the fruit, then put it into the freezer to quickly cool it down. And I had my jam. The consistency was kind of runny, but with the crushed fruit inside. Perfect for me. I put it onto some keto waffles (coconut flour, egg, erythritol, butter, lots of cinnamon and almond milk). It was oh so satisfying!

I wasn't impressed with the erythritol, though. It took a lot to sweeten it. I wanted it really sweet. Next time I'll add some stevia, so I can use less erythritol.

Tomorrow I'll use this strawberry concoction to make gelatin. Sometimes I make lemon gelatin, but I want to experiment with the strawberries for a change. Perhaps add some heavy cream and make it into a sort of strawberry panacota.

I'm so happy it worked!