View Single Post
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Apr-05-05, 05:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/144/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

[QUOTE=aofe]I have lost most of my weight but cannot get down from 62+ to 59kilos. Lost most of my weight within six weeks last august but cannot shift the last bit. Am sticking to induction most of the time but still it just wont shift. Am a mother of three kids (6 years to 18 months) so am very active. Work out a couple times a week and go walking.

Has anyone any tips. Feeling fed up again with the chicken, steak, burger dinner. Any ideas for some breakfast apart from rashers, saussages and eggs.QUOTE]

Make sure you're eating lots of vegetables along with the meat things you listed. I've gradually gotten really good at eating my veggies since starting Atkins. I never would have eaten broccoli or spinach or asparagus before this! Also, make sure you're eating enough. I find that cutting back too much on the calories is counter-productive. Slowly-but-surely works out better in the long run. I'm not sure I like the idea of being on induction when you are so near to goal, maybe you could think about moving up the ladder.

My favourite breakfast is spinach/ham/feta egg bake. It's a variation of the "Slice of Mushroom Heaven" recipe in Dana Carpender's book - I can't handle mushrooms so I changed it to suit myself. The amount makes 6 (generous) portions which keep in the fridge. I don't have the details handy, but I'll come back and post the recipe later.